It’s friday! Aka – Cheat Day for many who are focusing on eating well but still need to splurge now and then.
We found this great recipe on one of our favorite sites, Tablespoon, that we just had to share.
White Wine and Honey Pizza Dough
6 tablespoons water – depending on how dry the dough feels you may need slightly more or less
2 tablespoons white wine – Use something you enjoy drinking to pair with the dish, Pinot Grigio is a great option!
3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour – For a healthier option substitute whole wheat flour
1. In a large bowl, combine white wine, 4 tablespoons water and yeast and whisk until yeast dissolves.
2. Add honey, salt, olive oil and stir to combine.
3. Add in flour and work with fingers or a spoon until the dough comes together.
4. Pour dough onto a lightly floured countertop and knead about 2 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Add the extra tbsp or two of water if the dough seems really, really dry (but try to avoid it). If dough is too wet add a little more flour.
5. Pour kneaded dough into a lightly greased medium bowl, cover and let rise until doubled, about 1-2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 500°F.
7. Put risen dough on a pizza stone or parchment paper-lined baking sheet and spread out with fingers into desired shape.
8. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until it’s as thin as you like.
9. Top the dough with 1/2 cup tomato sauce, some oregano, basil and mozzarella cheese (or whatever toppings you desire) and bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
10. Serve immediately.
Load it up with veggies you need to get rid of or keep it simple with sliced tomatoes and spinach; your call! Give this recipe a go and come back to share what you thought and pictures of your final pizza!
*Originally from from Tablspoon.com, can be found here.