I LOVE tomatoes, they are one of the favorite things to buy in the produce section/at the farm market or to pluck from the garden and eat immediately. When I found this Tilapia recipe with tomatoes I was sold before I even know there was wine included!
For this quick easy dinner you will need:
4 four-ounce tilapia fillets
1 can diced itallian tomatoes
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup white wine, a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio works great
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Pour yourself a glass of the white wine to enjoy while you cook!
3. Combine your can of tomatoes and chopped onion together
4. Place the tilapia fillets in a single layer in a baking dish and pour the tomato-onion mixture over the top
5. Drizzle the white wine evenly throughout the dish
6. Bake for 20 minutes, then stir around the tomatoes and lift the fish to allow the juices to get underneath
7. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Stir again, and check for doneness. The tilapia should flake easily with a fork. If not, return it to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Enjoy with a side of brown rice or a nice garden salad and a glass of your white wine!
*Photo credit and the recipe this post is adapted from can found here.